A land surveyor is a professional who can obtain crucial information about your land or property before you demolish, sell, upgrade, or build on it. This person has the knowledge, expertise, and the right equipment to conduct any type of land survey accurately and quickly. This is the same professional who you will need to call for land mapping and contouring, geodetic survey, and environmental surveyors, too. Knowing what to look for in a land surveyor will make it easier to find the best one in California. Here are the tips you need to consider to find the best land surveyor in California:
- Verify that the surveyor is licensed in California – Professional land surveyors are licensed in the state. Moreover, they have been providing their services to locals for decades. Their years in business is a good indicator of their trustworthiness and how customers value and rely them. These surveyors follow the sets of standard code for conducting surveys in California, too.
- Make sure customers are satisfied with their service – The best land surveyors in California have happy customers. They are in high demand and preferred by a wide range of clientele ranging from property owners to engineers, land developers, government agencies, architects, and attorneys. When you hire them, they always keep your requirements and satisfaction in mind.
- Hire a specialist – If you already have a specific type of survey in mind, hire a land surveyor who specializes in it. Some of the different types of land surveys are subdivision mapping, as-built surveys, ALTA/ACSM surveys, and GPS surveys. Make sure the surveyor is an expert in conducting the survey that you need, and verify their expertise by reading reviews or feedback from former clients.
- Pick someone who uses state-of-the-art equipment – The quality and type of equipment land surveyors use can affect the accuracy and reliability of the survey results. These are factors that can determine how long it will take for them to conduct a survey, too. Hence, be sure to hire a land surveyor who uses high-end 3D HD Laser scanning equipment for fast and accurate results.
- Compare surveyors – Find at least two to three reputable land surveyors in California and compare their prices, services, and quality of their work. Choose the surveyor who is guaranteed to be professional based on his skills, experience in surveying, and the tools he uses.